Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 2021 21:40:05 -0600
From:      Valeri Galtsev <galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu>
To:        Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

> On Feb 5, 2021, at 8:25 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net> =
wrote:
>=20
> On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 01:46:37 +0000, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen wrote:
>> My employer is making me use outlook.  So I would like to use a
>> different email host company for my FreeBSD mailing lists.  I tried
>> gmail, but it seems that gmail is blacklisted with FreeBSD.org.

This makes my day! Great move, FreeBSD.org!!

gmail is a pain in you know what for sysadmin.It accepts all mail even =
to addresses that do not exist lying =E2=80=9Cdeliverable=E2=80=9D, then =
gets back to you with non-delivery message. Making my server potential =
source of backscatter. My server when it has to forward always starts =
session with next hop, and only when that is ready to accept message =
tells previous hop =E2=80=9COk can deliver=E2=80=9D, then passed to next =
hop. You do your own math why gmail accepts undeliverable messages and =
what it does with information coming their way.

Valeri

>> Anyone got other suggestions?
>=20
> It wasn't blacklisted a few hours ago, see
> =
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2021-February/292889=
.html .