Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:16:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <cwt@networks.cwu.edu>
To:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Mike Andrews <mandrews@bit0.com>
Subject:   Re: aac tool regressions on 7.0-RC1

Ed,

Your work-around works on 7-stable as of this morning.

I have quite a few 2200S equipped systems that I am transitioning from 6.X
to 7-stable and aaccli is necessary to be able to insert/remove drives and
initialize them into storage arrays.

sysutils/arcconf says it needs aacraid-drivers from Adaptec's website to
be fully functional; I don't see any FreeBSD drivers at Adaptec for the
2200S (perhaps they are available for a newer product but will work for
this older adapter?)

If aaccli is the only way to control the 2200S, is there some hope that a
fix of some sort could ultimately be committed?

Thanks for your effort.

Regards,
-Chris