Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 05:31:59 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with nut 0.44.3

Kory Hamzeh <kory@avatar.com> types:
> I'm running nut 0.44.3 on RELEASE-4.3. When I try to start the APC Smart
> monitor demon, I get the following error:
>
> ns1# /usr/local/libexec/nut/apcsmart /dev/cuaa1
> Network UPS Tools - APC Smart protocol driver 0.54 (0.44.3)
> apcsmart: Can't uu_lock cuaa1: creat error: Permission denied

UUCP needs write permissions on /var/spool/lock for uulock to
work. You might also check to see if that device is already locked -
there'll be a file in that directory that has the PID of the locking
process in it. See the uu_lock man page for details.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.