Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 13:05:21 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        Shawn Barnhart <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HPDA/DAC960PL errors

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Shawn Barnhart wrote:
> >   I'm still confused as to the FBSD RAID solution of choice, as the Mylex
> > isn't working either. I take it if I got a brand new DAC960, it'd work
> > fine?
>
> You'd have to ask Mr. Smith, I guess.  Shortly I'm going to have an AMI
> Megaraid avaialable to try in FreeBSD.  It's been working well with Linux
> for about a year now, I'm presuming it'll work in FreeBSD.

From the recent discusion on this, it seemed that there was a possiblity
of the MegaRAID drivers wedging under extreme load. This was being worked
on, but it wasn't clear if it had been fixed. The Mylex controllers were
supposed to be the best RAID solution at this moment. The AMI is supposed
to be a month or so.
  Apologies if my account of the thread doesn't agree with the driver
author :(

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)