Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:20:41 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   linking question...

I have a program (part of CDE)... we will call it 'foo',

"foo" has library dependancies: libtt.so, libX11.so, libXt.so, libXext.so, and
libwcs.so(this last one is mine).

libtt.so depends on iswalpha() and iswspace()  (which are defined in libwcs.so)

If I link with all of those I get an error that iswspace and iswalpha are
undefined, yet:  nm /usr/local/lib/libwcs.so | grep isw returns:
> 00001358 T iswalpha
> 000013b0 T iswprint
> 00001384 T iswspace

And if I change the '-lwcs' line to '/usr/local/lib/libwcs.a' it links fine.

Ideas?

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Systems Administrator/Research Programmer | Web: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd