Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:53:05 +0100
From:      Oliver Braun <obraun@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        David Rhodus <david@uky.edu>, Sean Winn <sean@gothic.net.au>, FreeBSD users <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: rsync --daemon problems

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

* Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.org> [2003-02-08 00:29 +0900]:

> david> On one machine that rsync start's on, I get this from netstat.
> david> tcp6       0      0  *.873                  *.*                   =
=20
> david> LISTEN

> It seems the daemon mode of rsync depends on an IPv4-mapped IPv6
> address.  Since an IPv4-mapped IPv6 address is off by default on
> 5-CURRENT, rsync doesn't listen on IPv4.
> Further, rsync has a bug that it always listen on 1st entry's address
> of the result of getaddrinfo() call.
> Please try attached patch.  With this patch, rsync listen on both an
> IPv4 and an IPv6.

Does the patch work for you all? I would like to commit it for 5-CURRENT
only.

Regards,
         Olli
--=20
obraun@ -+-[ informatik.unibw-muenchen.de ]-+-[ IIS _ INF _ UniBwM ]
         |-[ FreeBSD.org                  ]-+-[ FreeBSD Commmitter ]
         |-[ unsane.org                   ]-+-[ everything __ else ]

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--