Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:26:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      manny rosa <manny_robot_freak@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-newbie <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installing packages with no internet

I've noticed that many of the ports I installed during
the OS installation just have package info. pkg_add
want's to download the appropriate files (which is
excellent) except I have no connection to the internet
on my FreeBSD box. I have the 4-CD set, hoping all the
packages and ports would be included. I have another
computer with internet access but when I try to
download ports, I get the same (Makefiles and stuff)
but no code. For example, I've looked all over the CDs
and have not been able to find "The GIMP." I've found
it online, but no package (tgz), just the ports stuff.
Is it possible to install this stuff from my CDs
instead of the internet?