Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:07:16 -0400
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Pookie" <madriax@garlic.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <FreeBSD-Mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Power

On Monday 07 October 2002 09:19 am, Pookie wrote:
| How does FreeBSD handle itself when i disconnect the power plug on my
| laptop? I'm not sure how this works. Can someone please direct me in
| the proper direction?

Why would FreeBSD have to "do" anything?

Your laptop should handle it itself down in the hardware.

If you have apm enabled, then FreeBSD's apm calls can *discover* that
the power is now coming from the battery rather than the plug, but the
operating system isn't called upon to *do* anything.

The proepr directions are to plug & unplug at will . . . if you want to
monitor the status properly, enable apm in your kernel and in your
rc.conf.