Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2013 11:19:07 -0400
From:      Paul Kraus <paul@kraus-haus.org>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        bapt@freebsd.org, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, jgh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.1 Postfix problem

On Apr 17, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Lowell Gilbert =
<freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> Paul Kraus <paul@kraus-haus.org> writes:
>=20
>> 	When building postfix under 91. I am running into an odd
>> problem. I use the INST_BASE option, which seems to cause the problem
>> (it worked fine with 9.0). The 'make' goes fine, but the 'make
>> install' fails when trying to install the startup script to
>> /usr/etc/rc.d instead of /etc/rc.d. It works fine if INST-BASE is
>> disabled. I looked through the Makefile but could not suss out how
>> that difference in configuration was actually causing the problem.
>>=20
>> 	Has anyone else run into this problem and what was the fix (or =
did you just install into /usr/local) ?
>=20
> I use /usr/local, but this seems to be a typo in the last checkin,=20
> which changed the internal names of the port options to our brave new
> naming scheme.=20
>=20
> If you look in the Makefile clause for installing to base, renaming =
the
> option itself went correctly, but both halves of the '.if' now invoke
> USE_RC_SUBR. That's correct for PREFIX, but for installing into base
> should be USE_RCORDER instead.

Lowell,
	That was exactly the problem. I knew it was in the installation =
configuration *somewhere*, but I just could not find it. Thanks.

	Should I report this as a bug in the postfix port ?

--
Paul Kraus
Deputy Technical Director, LoneStarCon 3