Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:14:44 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, guru@unixarea.de
Subject:   Re: haswell supported? (dell latitude 3340)

El día Friday, April 24, 2015 a las 03:32:52PM +0100, Anton Shterenlikht escribió:

> >I run vesa on an Acer C720 Chromebook with 11-CURRENT too; HDMI worked
> >out of the box.
> >
> >	matthias
>
> Mattias, thanks for this.
>
> My hdmi monitor thinks there's no signal
> coming from the laptop. Is HDMI support
> related to the graphics card at all?

I have had the same problem when I wanted to give a talk in Havana,
Cuba: no signal. When I returned to Germany I went to a store and bought
a HMDI cable and with this and my TV at home no problem. So it is
unclear if it was in the hotel over there a broken TV or a broken cable.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."