Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:26:46 -0400
From:      eric@starburst.cbl.cees.edu
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bug report on installation

Hi there,

I tried to install FreeBSD 2.2-960612-SNAP and 2.1.5 thru PPP.
The problem I have encountered is that even if I chose PPP (com 2),
it will still use /dev/cuaa0 (have to manually set device and all).

Plus, (I don't know if this is only happened to my 28.8 Hayes Accura
V.34+FAX) after selected PPP and manually set device to /dev/cuaa1,
'term' won't talk to the modem (can't type anything) that I have to
turn off the modem and rerun the setup up to the point before the
'term' and then turn on the modem.

Finally I have a suggestion that it would be nice that the installation
boot disk has the option to select everything INCLUDING application
packages all at once and then we could let it run overnite to download
everything, so that the next day it is ready to go.

Thanks for listening.

Eric