Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:32:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?q?Jorge=20Mario=20G.?=" <murcielako@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to make the keyboard work "properly"

HELLO.

here is my problem. When I'm on the machine the
keyboard works perfect, but when i conect to that box
thru SSH (Putty) the keyboard is a mess; backspace is
delete, delete doesnt work! nor does HOME, END.

I've tried ever possible putty configuration with no
luck!!
I've tried messing with the /etc/inputrc file but
that's a no go

I dont know what to do and this "error" is getting
very annoying
specially cus one of the boxes is used for programming
and all other guys are starting to scream at me

the Linux boxes work perfect from the same "clients"
so for sure the problem is FreeBSD related

Thanks for all the help

NOTE: I've tried so many different keybind in the
.inputrc file that I dont even bother pasting them
here

I'm using the lastest putty (0.52) and
FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE

I still cant get the keyboard to work properly and
this is sad cus I'll have to drop FreeBSD as a
development plataform just for such stupid problem
Thanks

=====