Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2017 17:39:06 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        Michael Butler <imb@protected-networks.net>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Panic on boot after upgrade from r320827 -> r320869

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com wrote on Sat Jul 15 23:22:22 UTC 2017 :

> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Michael Butler <imb at =
protected-networks.net>
> wrote:
>=20
> > On 07/11/17 19:53, Michael Butler wrote:
> >
> . . .
> >
> > Something about SVN r320844 causes almost all KDE applications to =
fail on
> > a signal 6.
> >
>=20
> I don't think that's possible, unless (a) your build hit the 'not
> everything in the kernel rebuilt' bug or (b) KDE is issuing raw CAM
> requests. Since I don't know KDE, don't run KDE or have any clue about =
KDE,
> I can't help you trace it down further.

FYI for Michael B.: the incomplete kernel rebuild problem has a fix: =
-r320919 .
See the fix (to the building problem that was created in -r320220 ):

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-head/2017-July/102622.html

If the KDE problem persists based on a -r320919 or later build, it would
be appropriate to report it again as a separate issue.

Unfortunately various odd problems have shown up over -r320220 through
-r320918 from incorrect rebuilds (and other oddities overlapping in the
time frame).

Of course if you built (or build) -r320844 based on a empty directory in
the first place so that it was a full-build but the KDE problem =
persisted
when using the rebuilt kernel then the above material does not apply. In
such a case reporting that about the context for the KDE problem would =
be
appropriate.

You may well have other things to be doing instead of what the above
suggests. If so, just take the above as background information.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net