Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 08:06:08 +0800 (PHT)
From:      Francis Vidal <francis@cody.usls.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: autoprobe for ep0

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Doug White wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Francis Vidal wrote:
>
> > is it possible to do an autoprobe for ethernet cards (i.e. 3Com 509b)?
>
> FreeBSD doesn't support autoprobing, but that's what the 3c5x9cfg.exe
> program on the driver disk is for.

oh, okay. i thought FreeBSD supported autoprobing like Linux does. would
the future releases of FreeBSD support autoprobing or do we see a support
for autoprobing in the near future?

anyways, thanks for the help Doug! more power!

p.s. i'm really satisfied with the performance of FreeBSD. we're currently
using it as the platform for all applications to be developed in the
university.