Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:13:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        dyson@iquest.net, lcremean@tidalwave.net, brett@lariat.org, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, licia@o-o.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD license (was: GPL *again* (was: New CODA release))

> > One other reason for not publicizing the use of BSD code, is the
> > advertisment clause.  That is actually a disadvantage.
>
> It's also vague.  On the one hand you have to state that the code
> includes BSD-derived code, on the other hand you can't use it for
> advertising.  Where's the distinction?

No.  If your advertising mentions features of the code, as opposed
to features of your product that happens to include the code, then
you have to state where you got the code.

You don't *have* to mention features explicitly tied to the code.

You also can't use the name to promote the product, e.g.:

	o	Use's Eric Allman's Sendmail program

Not vague at all, IMO.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org