Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:16:44 -0400
From:      "Robert Augustine" <raugustine@reflectively.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NON-RANDOM Reboots... :)

Hello,
	I am experiecing problems with a recently upgraded 4.1 box.  I always cvsup
and keep the machine current as possible.  I was doing an upgrade or two the
other night and for some reason now when a person ftp's in (and btw I have
used every different ftpd to replicate this and it always happens) and does
a MKDIR the machine does a hard reboot and I then spend the next 20 minutes
waiting on a fsck and quotacheck :)  Can anyone tell me if they are
experiencing the same problem.  And if you dont normally ftp into your boxes
you might want to double check.  The only thing querky I am running is
softupdates and I am about to take them off.   The box was up for 9 days and
now its just as lame as it was when I had the SD11 and Athlon chips in
there.

-Robert