Date:      Tue, 27 May 2003 13:40:30 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dragoncrest <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is Tip used for??

--AW8RmF6KeXgMzg/h

On Tuesday, 27 May 2003 at  0:13:38 -0400, Dragoncrest wrote:
> 	Just curious what the program Tip was used for?  I stumbled onto it
> 	by accident today and was reading the man file and was rather interested=
 in
> what all the general uses would be for such a program.

I don't know Tip; do you mean tip?  To find out what a program is used
for, read the manual:

  $ man tip
  TIP(1)                  FreeBSD General Commands Manual                 T=
IP(1)
 =20
  NAME
       tip - connect to a remote system
 =20
  SYNOPSIS
       tip [-v] -speed system-name
       tip [-v] -speed phone-number
 =20
  DESCRIPTION
       The tip command establishes a full-duplex connection to another mach=
ine,
       giving the appearance of being logged in directly on the remote cpu.=
  It
       goes without saying that you must have a login on the machine (or eq=
uiva-
       lent) to which you wish to connect.

Greg

--AW8RmF6KeXgMzg/h