Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:18:26 -0500
From:      dan raz <raz@lucent.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Cc:        shavitt@lucent.com
Subject:   Re: Problems with divert/ipfw

It seems that divert was disabled for some unknown reason.
Here is the relevant lines from the /var/log/message file:

Feb 29 11:06:38 heshvan /kernel: npx0 on motherboard
Feb 29 11:06:38 heshvan /kernel: npx0: INT 16 interface
Feb 29 11:06:38 heshvan /kernel: Intel Pentium detected, installing workaround for F00F bug
Feb 29 11:06:38 heshvan /kernel: IP packet filtering initialized, divert enabled, rule-based forwarding enabled,
unlimited logging
Feb 29 11:06:38 heshvan /kernel: IP Filter: initialized.  Default = pass all, Logging = disabled
Feb 29 11:06:38 heshvan /kernel: changing root device to wd0s2a
Feb 29 11:06:38 heshvan /kernel: IP packet filtering initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled,
logging disabled
Feb 29 11:06:48 heshvan mrouted[124]: mrouted version 3.9-beta3+IOS12

Note, that first divert is enabled, and then after mounting /
IP packet filtering is reinitialize, but now divert is disabled.
Any idea why this happens?????

When we try single-user mode the second initialization of IP packet filtering does not happened.