Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:23:05 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Sergey S. Kosyakov" <ks@itp.ac.ru>
To:        "Richard Seaman, Jr." <dick@tar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: select(2) and threads

On 28-Jan-99 Richard Seaman, Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 05:04:18PM +0300, Sergey S. Kosyakov wrote:
>
>> it seems that calling select in more than one concurrent thread cause all
>> such
>> threads except the last to block forever. The same situation is with poll().
>> The
>> only case when select() and poll() work is when timeout is set to 0.
>> Is select really thread safe in FreeBSD?
>
> What compile/link flags are you using?  The poll function isn't implemented
> for libc_r, AFAIK (I'm assuming you're using the libc_r "user thread" code
> right?).

Yes, I use some trick - there was really _thread_sys_poll. But my main question
about select - Xerox ILU calls select() for every "listen" socket and when
socket is waiting for read.

Flags: "cc -pthread"

---
Sergey Kosyakov
Laboratory of Distributed Computing
Department of High-Performance Computing and Applied Network Research
Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics
E-Mail: ks@itp.ac.ru