Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 13:36:09 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        doplcky@metronet.com (Debuggus Maximus)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: chat script for PPP connect

Debuggus Maximus stands accused of saying:

> I have RTFM till my eyes have crossed and cannot figure out what I am
> doing wrong.  My modem is on /dev/ttyd1 and chat refuses to talk to it.
> Ive been at it for hours.  Anyone got suggestions?  I did this with
> release 2.0 and had no problems, but 2.0.5 seems to choke on it.
> Chances are it is a case of operator headspace and timing.  If someone
> has a script that works I would be most appreciative.

Without you chatscript, the command that's invoking chat, and some
detailed results, nobody's going to be able to help you.  (Or are we
supposed to hack into your system and fix it?)

I've found that the 'snp' device and the 'watch' program are _invaluable_
when it comes to debugging chatscripts.

> David Opalecky

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[