Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 06:33:38 +0000
From:      Mark Hill <slurpcandy@btinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Restricting Xwindows

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 04:01:40PM -0800, David Johnson wrote:
> Mark Hill wrote:
>
> > What's the FreeBSD equivalent of ~/.xinitrc? I think it's ~/xinit.rc
>
> Since both Linux and FreeBSD use the same X11, namely XFree86, the files
> will be the same. It's .xinitrc on both platforms. Ditto for startx.
>
> There are some differences between the two, but they're primarily
> related to distro addons (drakx), DRI, and device names (/dev/sysmouse
> vs /dev/psaux).
>

> David

Thanks David,

I thought read about ~/xinit.rc somewhere in a doc. I must of
misunderstood.
So far, I've found the difference between slackware and FreeBSD not
*too* great, as slackware is not in to distro-specific tools and aims to
be very (BSD) UNIX like. Slackware has /dev/psaux too.

Thanks again.
--
Mark Hill - http://www.fero.uklinux.net
Hoping not to fall in the 'it works like that in Linux' trap