Date:      Tue,  4 Feb 97 11:21:27 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        Doug White  <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp & a fake network?

> On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:
>
> > Right now I use the WinNT dialer to hook in to an ISP that assigns my IP
on
> > connect (ISDN connection).   I would like to hook up a 'fake' network in
my
> > house and allow the other systems on the network to access the Internet
> > through my system (About to be converted to 2.2-R when it is ready.) using
the
> > one IP assigned in dial up (The cost of a block of IP is not an option
right
> > now.)
> >
> > Can I do it? How can I do it?
>
> Yes you can do this one of two ways:
>
> with (iij)ppp:  use the -alias option.
> with pppd:  set 'proxyarp' in your pppd configuration file.
>
> Oh, and set 'gateway=YES' in /etc/sysconfig.

What do I assign the other computers on the network?  Do I just make up some
IP addresses or ???  *g* I guess I would make up a set of IP addresses for the
internal network and then point all of the other systems to the FBSD system
for the router. Thanks for your help!!!

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 02/04/97 11:21:28