Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2017 21:43:23 +0200
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any hope of compiling firefox port on ARM?

Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On 18 Apr 2017, at 20:47, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:
>

>> For some time (years?) firefox compiles have failed with an error message
>> along the lines of
>>
>> Assertion failed: (isReg() && "This is not a register operand!"),
>> function getReg, file
>> /usr/src/contrib/llvm/include/llvm/MC/MCInst.h, line 64.
>> c++: error: unable to execute command: Abort trap (core dumped)
>> c++: error: clang frontend command failed due to signal (use -v to see invocation)
>> FreeBSD clang version 4.0.0 (tags/RELEASE_400/final 297347) (based on LLVM 4.0.0)
>> Target: armv6--freebsd12.0-gnueabihf
>> Thread model: posix
>> InstalledDir: /usr/bin
>> c++: note: diagnostic msg: PLEASE submit a bug report to
>> https://bugs.freebsd.org/submit/ and include the crash backtrace,
>> preprocessed source, and associated run script.
>>
>> Is there any hope of a fix, whether to clang or firefox?
>
> Have you tried doing what it asks, e.g. file a bug report? :)
>
> I can find no such bug report in our tracker.  Please submit a bug with
> the two files (.sh and .cpp) it generates in /tmp.

See bug 211069 which was duped against bug 203989 that triggered a
different assertion. The above error did show up on armv6 buildbot[1]
but nowadays is blocked by other ports.

[1] http://beefy8.nyi.freebsd.org/data/latest-per-pkg/firefox/
    http://beefy15.nyi.freebsd.org/data/latest-per-pkg/firefox/ (IPv6-only)