Date:      Tue, 02 Mar 1999 15:55:25 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Options for licensing perl scripts

The GPL is a bad idea because it would prevent people from using those
scripts in, say, an embedded product such as a turnkey Internet
router without publishing their changes to it. They'd probably just
throw them away and do a needless rewrite.

If you want to make any money off it, go closed source. If you just
want to benefit fellow programmers, use the BSD license or just
put it in the public domain.

--Brett