Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2017 20:19:38 +1000
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail/alpine new Makefile

On 6/9/17 7:41 PM, Marco Beishuizen wrote:

Hi Marco,

I believe the reason is:

> OPTIONS_DEFINE=        ASPELL CONS25 DOCS IPV6 LDAP MAILDIR MOUSE NLS
> NOSPELL PASSFILE PICO THREADS
> OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=    MOUSE PICO THREADS
>
> CONS25_DESC=    Add a patch to support color for default console
> MAILDIR_DESC=    Add a patch for maildir support
> NOSPELL_DESC=    Use simple spellcheck
> PASSFILE_DESC=    Support for a stored password file
> PICO_DESC=    Build and install pico, the default editor
>
> .include <bsd.port.options.mk>

The port includes this ^^^^ ... AND

> # Option ASPELL
> ASPELL_CONFIGURE_WITH=        interactive-spellcheck
> ASPELL_CONFIGURE_ON=
> --with-interactive-spellcheck=${LOCALBASE}/bin/aspell
> ASPELL_BUILD_DEPENDS=        aspell:textproc/aspell
> ASPELL_RUN_DEPENDS=        aspell:textproc/aspell

<snip>

> # Option PICO
> PICO_RUN_DEPENDS=        pico:editors/pico-alpine
>
> # Option THREADS
> THREADS_CONFIGURE_WITH=        pthread
>
> .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

Use one or the other, or neither if its *all* options helpers, but not
both. See:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html

The paragraph just above the "Example 5.28. Simple Use of OPTIONS"