Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 1995 01:28:58 +0900
From:      Koichi MOURI <mouri@sol.cs.ritsumei.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bugs in SCSI?

Peter Dufault writes:
> >   FreeBSD was rebooted when I executed xmcd which is an application of
> > CD Player. I think the reason of it is bugs of FreeBSD.
> >
> >   Version of xmcd is 1.4 patch level 2. And I chenged O_RDONLY in
> > pthru_open() (libdi.d/os_frbsd.c) to O_RDWR. This idea is got from Ti
> > Kan , author of xmcd.
>
>You have to do that to make it work.

  Yes. I want to make it work. I am doing my best. But it's becomes
difficult because the problems may be inside kernel.

> >   If anyone have good idea, please teach me!
>
>Please give a full description of what happens, especially the panic
>string if there was one.

  I got a panic message "biodone: buffer not busy." This message is
printed by biodone in /sys/kern/vfs_bio.c.

  I think that ioctl() of 163rd line in $XMCD/libdi.d/os_frbsd.c must
make an opportunity of reboot...

  I put compiled binaries to:

	eos.sol.cs.ritsumei.ac.jp:/pub/tmp/xmcd-1.4-compiled.tar.gz

This archive file includes a static linked binary and a binary using
shared library of libXm (Motif). If you want to test. Please use this.

-- Koichi