Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 09:57:56 -0800
From:      "John Purser" <johnmpurser@home.com>
To:        <questions@freeBSD.org>
Subject:   Setting up a Gateway to @home - Newbie VERY confused

Hello,

I have a computer running FreeBSD 3.4 (custom kernel) with two network cards
(fxp0, fxp1).  fxp0 is on my local network (FreeBSD, NTWks, Win98) and I
want to use fxp1 to connect to my AT&T@home cable modem.  I have a static IP
address from @home, both NIC's are recognized by FreeBSD but I'm still
having trouble.  I've read man pages, huge chunks for the manual, man pages
galore, and several tutorials that start out with "All you have to do..."
and nothing is working.

Using /stand/sysinstall I've configured fxp1 with the info from @home (Host
name, Domain, DNS Server, Gateway, IP address, subnet mask).  Now I'm trying
to configure fxp0 for my network but changing the host name changes it for
both cards.  I thought the whole point of having two cards was that each
card had it's own complete set of info.  Apparently I'm way off base there
but that leaves me not knowing how to proceed.