Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 1995 12:48:29 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xcdplayer and SCSI CD-ROM

Hi,

>	Hmm, well maybe, however I have just recently tried getting
>	xmcd running on this 2.0.5 system. What worked fine on 2.0
>	now can't seem to find any disk in the player. This with
>	1542cf/NEC 4xi. I hope to have some time this weekend to
>	figure out what is going on.
>
>	Can anyone report that any scsi based audio cd works these days?

--------

this sounds like the 'open' problem:

--------

Gennady Sorokopud <gena@NetVision.net.il> said:

>Xmcd-1.4 has a bug in FreeBSD module, that prevents it from working
>on 2.0.5 (it works on 2.0 so..).
>
>You can get and updated FreeBSD version from:
.ftp://burka.netvision.net.il/pub/misc/xmcd/xmcd-1.4-fb2.0.5R.tar.gz.

--------

I said:

>I also have problems with SCSI audio on 950726-SNAP.
>
>my machine:
> 486/dx2-66, 16MB
> adaptec 2842 VLBus SCSI controller
> NEC cdr-74 CD-ROM drive
>
>trying to run xmcd causes panic.  i rebuilt kernel with DDB, KTRACE,
>and SCSIDEBUG.
>
>i ran (as root) the command-line tool that comes with xmcd, cda,
>to eliminate X11R6 from the equation:
>
># export XMCD_LIBDIR=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xmcd
># cda  -debug -dev /dev/rcd0c on
>[ whole bunch of cda config messages ]
>
>SCSI CDB bytes:
>0000	00 00 00 00 00 00 -- --  -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --	................
>panic: biodone: buffer not busy
>Debugger("panic")
>Stopped at	_Debugger+0x2b: movb	$0,_in_Debugger.110
>db>
>
>what can i do next to help???

never heard from anyone.  still willing to help.  when will next 2.1
SNAP be available? I have a new disk ready to install latest -stable.
because of flaky network access it is much easier to use a snap
than 'sup' everything new since 950726-SNAP.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD