Date:      Tue, 05 Mar 1996 17:16:25 -0900
From:      Mike Claussen <claussen@darkwing.uoregon.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   install problems

I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.1 on an AST 386C (DX-20) with a
WD1007V-SE2 ESDI controller attached to a Miniscribe 3180E and
MicroScience FH-2777 drives and an Intel EtherExpress card.  My problem
occurs (i think) when the partition information is written to the drive.
 I'm getting the following errors:

"Unable to make new root filesystem on /dev/rwd0a Command returned status
36"
"Couldn't make filesystems properly.  Aborting"

At which point I'm returned to the menu.

Do I need to do anything special to make the ESDI drives work?  What does
status 36 mean?

		/\/\ike