Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 2015 08:57:21 -0600
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: multimedia/x264 build failure

On Sat, Feb 07, 2015 at 02:42:44PM +0800, Ben Woods wrote:
> This issue was discussed in November here:
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2014-November/096717.html
>
> The result was an entry being added to UPDATING, which can be found here:
> https://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2729771+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2014/svn-ports-all/20141130.svn-ports-all
>
> "With the recent split of multimedia/x264 in library and binary and
> library components, if an application that uses libx264 is updated
> before x264 itself, multimedia/libx264 will conflict with the existing
> x264 package. Delete
> this package before continuing any update that depends on it:
>
> # pkg delete -f x264
>
> Install the updated x264 and/or upgrade the other applications that
> depend on libx264, such as ffmpeg."

Thanks Ben for your response.

So, I went ahead and deleted x264 and then ran 'portupgrade -a' to upgrade the
dependent packages (ffmpeg & minidlna in my case, I believe). Is that all
I need to do? Note that the x264 package did not reinstall. Is this because
I no longer need it?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | You climb to reach the summit, but once
bob@immure.com | there, discover that all roads lead down.