Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 23:15:39 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: remove empty TEMPROOT dirs at mergemaster's end? (was: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/mergemaster mergemaster.sh)

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 07:02 -0700, Brian Somers wrote:
> brian       2000/08/16 07:02:30 PDT
>
>   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
>     usr.sbin/mergemaster mergemaster.sh
>   Log:

While I see you editing this script:  Is it a good idea to clean
out the empty directories at the "Do you wish to delete what is
left of ${TEMPROOT}?  [no] " stage when TEMPROOT is meant to
stay?  I felt it to be somewhat uncomfortable to wade through the
tree just to find there's almost nothing left to compare.

Unless I've overlooked something obvious and you stop me, I would
file a PR with a patch how to expand the " *** ${TEMPROOT} will
remain" case with a question for removal of all the unnecessary
stuff.  I guess empty files should remain, but empty directories
could be subject to deletion.

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net