Date:      Mon, 02 Aug 1999 09:42:45 -0700
From:      "Stephen C. Fuqua" <sfuqua@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sfuqua@nothing.nas.nasa.gov
Subject:   FreeBSD cures RSI

FreeBSD seems to be easier to type with.

Like many people, I get sore wrists whenever I type too much.  Most days, no
problem, but other days...  I use a variety of Unix's at work.  I also install
and play with different operating systems at home pretty often.

I seem to see an effect where something about using FreeBSD lessens the wear
and tear on the wrists.  I see this effect mostly from using FreeBSD at the
console, less from X.  I just find FreeBSD easier on the hands than Linux,
OpenBSD, NetBSD, or Windows -- even when using the same keyboard and hardware.

This is a wildly unscientific observation, but is there anything that might
account for this? FreeBSD makes the user happier = less tension = better
typing technique?  FreeBSD pops characters onto the screen faster = lighter
typing touch?  Secret FreeBSD daemons flow out of the computer to massage the
wrists of user?

Placebo effect or not, I'm going to try to do anything that involves a large
volume of typing on FreeBSD from here on out.

Did anybody else ever notice anything like this?

steve fuqua