Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2003 02:10:09 -0400
From:      Randi Harper <sektie@freebsdgirl.com>
To:        Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as a desktop OS was Re: Sorry

On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 06:35  PM, Mike Hoskins wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Johnson David wrote:
>>> So if we combine X with FreeBSD we've got a desktop OS :)
>> I'm using FreeBSD + XFree86 + KDE as my primary desktop at work and at
>> home. But no one believes me. Even when they see me calmly working at
>> my desk they don't believe me.
>
> let me guess -- they have pointy hair too.  ;)
>
> seriously...  for anyone that's doubtful (surely no one here), FreeBSD
> makes a great desktop OS.  more apps and utils are available every day,
> emulation helps a lot, and there are more window managers in the ports
> collection than you can shake a stick at!

Anyone that says FreeBSD doesn't make a good desktop doesn't know what
they are talking about, in my opinion. It may take a little more work
than redhat, but that's life. When I got my very first laptop, I wanted
to install FreeBSD on it, and a very annoying person told me "That'll
never happen, FreeBSD developers aren't concerned about laptop support.
FreeBSD is for servers."  How he knows what the developers are
'concerned about', I'm still not certain. FreeBSD worked fabulously on
my laptop.

neener neener.

Randi Harper

sektie@freebsdgirl.com