Date:      Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:52:41 -0400
From:      Glenn Sieb <ges+lists@wingfoot.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Just wondering, regarding OpenSSH.

Are there any plans for updating the openssh port to something newer
than 3.6.1? The site shows they're up to 4.1 now.

These lousy dictionary attacks keep happening, and could easily be
quashed to a degree if the openssh we had would support the MaxAuthTries
feature in sshd_config.

I'm just curious if I should wait for this, or if I should just go ahead
and update my openssh to something newer? (I'm on FreeBSD 4.11)

Best,
--Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759