Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 02:03:32 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk (Philippe Regnauld)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcvt/132 columns

>From The Desk Of Philippe Regnauld :
> Michael Smith (msmith) ecrit/writes:
> >
> > The SVGATextmode stuff had been done for FreeBSD, and if I thought it
> > was worth the effort, I'd try to help Soren get it working.  As it is,
> > a $60 PCI video card gives more than enough X grunt for snazzy text modes
> > to be a complete waste of time.
>
> 	Right you are.  But even though we workstation-monitor weenies may
> 	be on the way to extinction, in the meantime:
>
> 	a) It's nice to have 10200 (170x60) chars on the screen when you code
> 	   in text mode (with moused, it's even better -- see below)

Huh, I think is nice to have 6 virtual screens at 1020x768 all accesible
by either clicking on a pane or just scrolling the mouse.

The console stuff is great but I got tell you  I hardly ever use it I just
boot the system and go straight to X. In fact now days , I just run X
in 32bit mode.

	Cheers,
	Amancio