Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:03:12 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Feature request:  Store dist file size somewhere

Hi -porters,

A small feature request: would it be possible to store the size of the
distfile(s) somewhere in the ports tree, files/size perhaps?

I'm in the middle of installing x11-wm/enlightenment on a fresh 4.0
system, and the number of other files it depends on is somewhat excessive.
Being able to get some idea of how big the distfiles are beforehand (which
could be printed out as part of the fetch-list target) would suggest as to
whether or not it's a task to be postponed until there's more free time
to watch the modem.

No patches yet, because I don't know if someone else is already planning
this, or what other people's ideas of the best way to implement it would
be.