Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:08:48 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unused hashes from distinfo files

Hello,

there are RMD160 and SHA1 hashes in some ports' distinfo files.
Considering, that
1, these kind of hashes were never official
2, there's no PR for adding support for them
3, SHA256 should be storng enough according to RMD160 and SHA1
I've made a patch to remove them, but I have to know first if there's
any objection in this. Does anybody using them? Does anybody thinks they
make sense at all? Personally, I'm not against of using more hashes, but
then I'd prefer using them in the whole ports tree, not just in a dozen
ports and make it officially supported and generated via "make makesum".

The patch is here: http://kovesdan.org/patches/bad-hashes.diff

Thanks,

--
Gabor Kovesdan