Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:43:31 +0200
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MPD5 + dhclient: Problem adding dns and search domain

Hi list,

    I finally managed to establish a PPTP VPN connection to my employer
using mpd5. My problem now is that in order for the setup to work
properly I need to supersede search domain and dns'es in
"/etc/resolv.conf" either by hand or by editing "dhclient.conf". If I
use "dhclient.conf" the VPN stuff is added way too soon, as I don't want
to run mpd5 all the time, and consequently do it by hand. A couple of
things slow down noticeably when being unable to reach the search domain.
     I can't imagine I'll have to edit "resolv.conf" by hand every time
- also it's being overwritten once in a while anyway - probably by the
dhcp daemon. What's a good man to do here??

    thanks - Nikolaj Thygesen