Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:58:03 +0300
From:      Georgios Koutepas <gkoutep@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pccardd blues...

  Hi gang,

  I've been trying to make my Toshibe 1735/Netgear FA410 work with 4.3
stable but with no success so far :-( Actually I have seen the posts
about the Netgear problems on previous versions but I thought the 4.3
would solve all these...

  So, so far:

  - I have shaved every unneceissary line from the kernel configuration
(even disabled the USB configuration to avoid conflicts). Still left the
pcmcia choice of IRQ open
  - I have tried every possible combination of CIS conf indexes/IRQs/ed
parameters in /etc/pccard.conf (i was hopeful when I saw a "NETGEAR"
entry in /etc/default/pccard.conf and used this one...)
  - Have configures the right addresses in /etc/rc.conf

  Still, the systems boots OK, but the results are:
After initial boot identification the connector lights on the FA410 keep
blinking happily at 1 Hz :-)
The card doesn't acquire any IP, still, ifconfig -a says it's there
Manually trying to set up an IP results in "ed1: Device timeout"

  So, has anyone seen this one before? Any suggestions?

  Thanks to all in advance,

  Georgios