Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2000 13:34:03 -0400
From:      "Robert J. Adams" <radams@siscom.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3ware -vs- Promise

Hello all,

If I'm setting up a system with (8) of the new 80gig maxtor's.. and I plan
on having them just in JBOD (not raid stripes etc) will I see a performance
gain from using the 3ware (8 port version, ~$450) over the Promise Ultra100
(~$40ea) card? I assume that I can use two Promise Ultra100's in one box?

-Jason

---
Robert J. Adams radams@siscom.net http://www.siscom.net
Looking to outsource news? http://www.newshosting.com
SISCOM Network Administration - President, SISCOM Inc.
Phone: 937-222-8150 FAX: 937-222-8153