Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2014 12:30:00 -0500
From:      Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mixing ports and pkgng

Hey all,

Binary packages are very helpful, as they are very quick and easy to install=
 and upgrade. However, I sometimes want to change a couple options on a sing=
le port. Is there anyway to only use compilations for ports on which I have c=
hanged options to be different from the default? That is to say, if I change=
 the options for package A, but leave its dependencies B and C alone, is the=
re any ports management program that will automatically recognize this and u=
se pkgng for B and C, but compile A from source?

Thanks,
--Matt=