Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:48:23 +0100 (MET)
From:      Johan Larsson <gozer@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        neron@engineer.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vfat & fat32 patch

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Alejandro Mery Pellegrini wrote:
>
> > Hi... i read about a patch, called msdosfs-netbsd.diff.gz, but i don't
> > known how to apply it.
> > I did: (but i don't known how to continue)
> > 	cp msdosfs-netbsd.diff.gz /usr/src
> > 	cd /usr/src
> > 	gunzip msdosfs-netbsd.diff.gz
> > 	patch < msdosfs-netbsd.diff
>
> 	make world
> > and that all i did.
> > 	- how can i integrat it?
>
> Build the system to affect your patches.

You have to install the new .h files and rebuild mount_msdos and a new
kernel. And i think i rebuilt the lkm also.

> > 	- how can i mount a fat32 && vfat partition which /etc/fstab?

There seems to be a problem with writing to a fat32 partition, i am gonna
send a trace to dima as soon as i have converted my fat16 partition to
fat32 again :) For fstab, just add it as msdos.

Example:
/dev/wd0s1              /dos/c          msdos   rw              0       0

	Johan
--
  * mailto:gozer@ludd.luth.se * http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/gozer/ *