Date:      Sun, 26 May 2002 22:10:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        rivers@dignus.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more info on pccard insertion hang...

In message: <200205270214.g4R2Ef483353@lakes.dignus.com>
            Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com> writes:
: Warner - any ideas?
: pci_write_config(..., bcr,2);  <<<< hangs

Interesting....

So this pretty much confirms what I'd expect.  We establish the
interrupt handler, then turn on the interrupts, then hang.  I suspect
that there's an interrupt in the bridge that isn't being acked.  Maybe
there's something in the pcic_pci_intr that should do that it isn't.

There's also one thing that I've been thinking about in the back of my
mind that you might want to check.  I read in the mindshare books that
the we're supposed to mask one of the interrupts while we're powering
the card up.  Maybe that's left over and we're not clearing it
properly.

Does adding
     for (i = 0; i < 0x40) sp->getb(sp, i);
at the end pcic_pci_intr do anything for you?  The PCIC_STAT_CHG
should do that, but I'm not sure why it isn't.

Warner