Date:      Fri, 05 Mar 1999 02:45:33 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, port-alpha@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq announcement at Linux World (fwd)

FWIW, I talked with Compaq a fair bit at LinuxWorld and will probably
be making similar arrangements for FreeBSD if they're as enthusiastic
as they actually sounded.  They're particularly interested in Alpha
SMP, which none of the *BSDs (AFAIK) have really tackled yet. When I
think of the 4 processor Alphaserver that got stuck in customs on its
way to Peter and never made it to its final destination, I sigh in
depression, but anyway, perhaps it's our chance to make up for that
previous lost opportunity.

- Jordan