Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 18:57:29 -0500
From:      Lars "Fredriksen" <lars@odin-corporation.com>
To:        Matthew Reimer <mreimer@vpop.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Communicator 4 and LDAP

Matthew Reimer wrote:

> Maybe the code is trying to bind the local side of the socket to port
> 0x5B? If so, then it could be proved by running Netscape as root.

No, 0x5B is the LDAP_CONNECT_ERROR hex value. As I pointed out in the truss earlier a
SIGALRM happens that causes connect() to return with a  EINTR (which as far as I know
it shouldn't and the connect(2) man page does not say that EINTR is a valid error
return from connect()). The LDAP library assumes that connect() is restarted by libc
if I read this right :-)

Lars