Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 17:21:46 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   The 3.0-970920-SNAP CD has been cancelled.

Sorry, we gave it our best shot but, when this date came and went,
-current was found to be simply too broken to release on CD.  For one
thing, the new pnp changes appear to have severely broken sysinstall's
save-kernel-changes-to-disk feature (e.g. the install now panics and
dies) and dset appears to be none to happy either if other reports
I've received are accurate.  My -current machine running with Justin's
latest changes is also no longer capable of even building a release -
it resets itself spontaneously while building the boot floppy images
so things don't look too bright for the immediate future, either.

In any case, I've really got so much other stuff on my plate that I'm
going to punt entirely on the idea of doing a 3.0 SNAPshot CD for now,
concentrating instead on the 2.2 branch and the upcoming 2.2.5-BETA
period.  I'll try this little exercise again sometime in the
November/December time-frame, assuming of course that conditions in
-current look more favorable then and that 2.2.5 doesn't slip its
schedule too much. :-)

Just FYI.  Since the previous 3.0 SNAP is from May 23rd, I think we'll
also stop selling that one and simply put the SNAPshot product line to
sleep for awhile.

					Jordan