Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:05:53 +0300
From:      Mike Barnard <mike.barnardq@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   HAST role failure

Hi,

I have setup HAST on 2 FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE, hastA being primary and hastB
secondary.

hastctl create mirror works with no problem on hastA, but when I run hastctl
role primary shared on the primary, it gives an error and fails:

Dec 10 15:47:24 hastA hastd[9911]: [shared] (primary) Unable to open
/dev/da0s1g.journal: Operation not permitted.
Dec 10 15:47:29 hastA hastd[9888]: [shared] (primary) Worker process exited
ungracefully (pid=9911, exitcode=66).

My hast.conf looks like this:

resource shared {
                replication memsync

                on hastA {
                           local /dev/da0s1g.journal
                           remote tcp4://172.19.66.15
                }
                on hastB {
                           local /dev/da0s1g.journal
                           remote tcp4://172.19.66.14
                }
}

kern.securelevel is set to -1. Is it possible to have a hast resource over a
journaled device?

Any one experienced this? Is there a way I can destroy a HAST resource once
the create option is passed to hastctl?

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.