Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2013 10:17:20 +0200
From:      Markiyan Kushnir <markiyan.kushnir@gmail.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Philippe_Aud=E9oud?= <jadawin@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>, marino@freebsd.org

It sounds like a need for a more grained structure of the
ports-related communication, just because the community is growing.
Very often there is a need to discuss one's issue in a list prior to
filing a PR. And yes, *discuss*, I agree with John, people should show
they want to discuss their failed builds, whatever.

I think automated failure reports (ports-qat) would easily be assigned
to a separate list.

I would suggest at least the following divisions: ports-questions@
would be for things like howtos, problems with managing ports,
upgrading, versioning, etc. ports-devel@ for all sorts of ports
build/install issues (port maintainers would be the primary
responders), and ports-auto@ for automated repots like QAT. And the
current ports@ would be aliased to ports-questions@.

--
Markiyan.