Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:03:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        Paul van der Zwan <paulz@trantor.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Multiple NFS server problems with Solaris 8 clients

Hi,

> One more problem is in nfsd, if I set it to use udp only it starts
> eating all cpu cycles it can get,but only the master process. Trussing
> the process shows no system calls whatsoever being performed.

The last one is a know problem. There is a (unfinished) patch available to
solve this problem. Thomas Moestl <tmm@freebsd.org> is still working on
some issues of the patch. Please contact him if you like to know more.

Here is the URL for the patch:

http://home.teleport.ch/freebsd/userland/nfsd-loop.diff

Martin

Martin Blapp, mb@imp.ch