Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:04:11 -0800
From:      Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold <gunnar@paganlibrary.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape Systems

They should both be recognized immediately. I've got the ctt8000r-s which works
like a charm.

Four things:

1. the ctms3200 is a scsi1/2, not ultra.
2. enable hardware compression jumper on the DAT
3. Retension the ctms before _every_ backup.
4. It's Conner, not Connor.

There is no _official_ support for FreeBSD from Seagate yet, so Tech Support
probably won't help you much, but both of these drives are closer to
plug-and-play than Winspaz will probably ever be.

Gunnar

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, keith@mail.telestream.com wrote:
> I've got two different tape systems that have been just laying about for a
> bit and would like to use them in FreeBSD. Any body have any comments on
> the following drives.
>
> Seagate DDS-DC CTD400R-S  2/4 GB drive
> Connor CTMS 3200 Ultra scsi
>
> Thanks for any comments.